I found a great recipe to use when we have a family gathering. It can feed up to six people. It is very simple and can be served with a Balsamic Berry Vinaigrette Salad. Prep Time: 20 minutes. Cook Time: 40 minutes.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 4lb chicken
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced lengthwise ½” thick
- 2 large parsnips, peeled, sliced ½” thick on the diagonal
- 1 bunch of scallions
- 3 wide strips lemon zest
- Lemon wedges (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Heat 1 Tbsp. of oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high. Season chicken inside and out with salt and pepper. Cook breast side down until a beautiful golden brown. Use tongs to gently rotate chicken, being careful not to tear the skin. Brown on all sides, 12-15 minutes in total. Transfer to plate for time being.
- Toss fennel, parsnips, scallions, and lemon zest in skillet with remaining 2 Tbsp. of oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place chicken, breast side up, on top of the vegetables. Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken reads 165 degrees, usually around 35-40 minutes. (You can check doneness by cutting into the thigh at the joint. If the juices are clear, the bird is ready) Transfer bird to cutting board, let cool for 10 minutes before carving.
- Serve chicken and vegetables with pan juices for spooning over and lemon wedges.
Balsamic Berry Vinaigrette Salad
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. sugar-free strawberry preserves
- 1 ½ Tsp. olive oil
- 1 Tsp. Dijon-style mustard
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ¼ Tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ Tsp. black pepper
- 4 cups of fresh baby spinach
- 4 cups of romaine lettuce
- 1 small Gala apple, thinly sliced
- ½ cup crumble feta, blue or goat cheese
- ½ cup of pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup of chopped walnuts
- For vinaigrette, in a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, yogurt, preserves, oil, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper.
- In an extra-large bowl, combine spinach, romaine, apple, cheese, pomegranate seeds, and walnuts. Drizzle with half of the vinaigrette. Toss to coat. Pass the remainder around for anyone that needs more.
So, if you are ever visiting Park City and want to make your trip a little less hectic, don’t forget to let All Seasons Grocery take care of all your grocery delivery needs. Same-day deliveries at no additional charge! Just go to our website at www.allseasonsgrocery.com or email us your order at email@example.com