I found a great recipe from foodnetwork.com to use when we have a small gathering of people. It can feed up to four people. It is very simple and is served with Blue Cheese Potatoes. Prep Time: 10 minutes. Cook Time: 30 minutes.
- 4 medium Russet potatoes
- 1 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 1/2 -2 pounds of boneless top sirloin steak (1” thick or more)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 ounces of soft blue cheese (about ¾ of a cup)
- 3 tbs. of sour cream
- ¾ cup chopped fresh parsley, chives and/or scallions
- 1 shallot, sliced or 2 tbs. diced red onion
- ½ cup ruby port or red wine
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 3 tbs. cold unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Pierce potatoes with a fork, then microwave until easily pierced, but slightly firm in the center. Usually about 12 minutes. Brush potatoes with olive oil and bake directly on the oven rack until tender with crisp skins. About 10 minutes. Keep warm!
- Season the steak with salt and pepper and rub in 1 tbs. of olive oil.
- Mix the blue cheese, sour cream, and herbs in a bowl.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the skillet with a ½ Tsp. of salt and drizzle lightly with olive oil, then add the steak and weigh it down with a heavy skillet.
- Flip the steak, replace the top skillet and brown the other side for 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, remove the top skillet and cook 1 to 4 minutes more for medium rare. Transfer to a plate.
- Return the skillet to medium-high, add the shallot and port (red wine) and boil until thickened or about 4 minutes. Stir in the broth and any juices from the steak and cook 5 minutes, then whisk in the butter.
- Split open the baked potatoes and top with the blue cheese mixture.
- Slice the steak and serve with the potatoes and sauce.
So, if you are ever visiting Park City and want to make your trip a little less hectic, don’t forget to let All Seasons Grocery take care of all your grocery delivery needs. Same-day deliveries at no additional charge! Just go to our website at www.allseasonsgrocery.com or email us your order at email@example.com