I found a great recipe to use when we have big family gatherings. It can feed up to eight people. It is very simple, you just need to prepare a few things in advance, which will make for easy cooking when you return from the slopes. Servings: 8-12 fajitas. Prep Time: 20 minutes. Cook Time: 10-12 minutes.
- 2 large chicken breasts sliced horizontally to create 4 fillets
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 3 bell peppers (any mix of colors) sliced horizontally
- 8-12 flour tortillas (warmed in the microwave)
Chicken Fajita Marinade:
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of orange juice
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon each of garlic powder, onion powder, salt
- ½ teaspoon each of paprika, dried oregano, pepper
Chipolte Lime Crema:
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of chipotle powder
- ¼ cup of finely chopped cilantro
- For the Marinade, whisk together all ingredients in a freezer bag. Add chicken to freezer bag and let sit for 6 hours or more in the refrigerator.
- For the Lime Crema, whisk together all ingredients. Refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to use.
- Cooking the chicken, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken undisturbed until nicely browned on one side. Turn chicken over and cover. Cook for approximately 2-4 more minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove to cutting board, cover with foil for 5 minutes before slicing across the grain in strips.
- For the vegetables, add onions and saute for 1 minute. Add bell peppers and saute for 3-4 minutes or until crisp. Add sliced chicken and toss to coat with marinade.
So, if you are ever visiting Park City and want to make your trip a little less hectic, don’t forget to let All Seasons Grocery take care of all your grocery delivery needs. Same-day deliveries at no additional charge! Just go to our website at www.allseasonsgrocery.com or email us your order at firstname.lastname@example.org