Looking for spirits and alcohol delivered to your vacation rental condo or hotel?
Here at All Seasons Grocery, we are happy to make an extra trip (or the only trip) to the liquor store for you so you can have your après ski celebration (or just relax with your favorite beverage) in the comfort and quiet of your local accommodations, condo, or hotel room without having to decode Utah’s liquor laws. Just order from us online in advance and we’ll bring the party to you (and we won’t even require that you eat a bowl of peanuts).
Yes, we know, Utah gets a bad wrap for their liquor laws. Honestly though, you can still enjoy the drinks you crave – it’s just a matter of knowing these strange laws and then you can plan around it!
About Utah’s Liquor Laws
A few “fun facts” (or weird facts) on Utah’s liquor laws (we will tell you what they are, but we are not going to even try to tell you why):
- Utah made national headlines in Nove, 2019 as Utah’s new law came into effect allowing the sales of higher alcohol beer (5% ABV) in Utah grocery and convenience stores and on tap at restaurants and bars.
- If you are looking for higher-strength beer, wine or spirits, you’ll need to head to a state liquor store or let us deliver your beer, wine and spirits for you.
- State liquor stores do not have refrigerators, so you’ll want to allow time for your beverages to chill.
- Want to toast to a great day at the base of the mountain after the lifts close? Be prepared to order food. Depending on the type of liquor license the establishment has, you will likely be required to order a snack along with your drink. Don’t worry, most “restaurants” have a simple bowl of peanuts or small apps to meet this requirement.
- Where are the Happy Hour deals? Well, there are not any. Utah doesn’t allow it!
- Some say that Utah has the strictest DUI laws in the country. The new law went into effect Dec 31, 2018 and states that anyone who “operates a motor vehicle” and has a “blood alcohol concentration of .05 grams or greater” is in violation of this law. Bottom line – don’t drive even if you have only had one drink. If you plan on having a drink, it’s always best to walk, take the FREE Park City Bus system, Uber/Lyft, call a local cab company, or use the hotel shuttle. Luckily Park City has lots of transportation options, so think of this more as Utah saving you the trouble of finding and paying for a parking spot downtown (spoiler alert: if you are lucky enough to find a parking spot, it will cost you almost as much as an Uber). OR…just call this one more smart reason to call All Seasons Grocery to have your groceries, beer, wine and spirits delivered!
- Utah actually has some great local breweries (and plenty of full-strength options)! Have a special “type” of craft beer you like and want to sample the local selection? Just make a note on your order form and we will surprise you with a selection that might just change your thoughts towards Utah. Prepare to be amused by some of the playful, punny and irreverent names, as our brew masters poke fun of Utah’s quirky culture.